Well I didn't really have any strong feelings brandwise-We first started buying cordless when makita 7.2v wall really all there was- but since then I've tried various combos and the latest is the 18 v Dewalt combo. I wouldn't want Mr Dewalt around my sister, but I have to say that I use the sawzall, hammer drill, and the small 9.6v screwdriver that came free with the combo every day in all sorts of places.the small driver is my favorite-lots of torque, low rpm, quick change bits. The circular saw doesn't get out much, maybe 2X/week. After 2 yrs, still using originial batteries, good for 1 to 1-1/2 days of work, charge well in 1 hour, and are still as powerful as when I got them. I didn't expect much, just wanted something decent and the price was right. Also the xvr+ batteries seem to charge faster and last longer than makita, milwaukee. Cordless tools seem to fade in and out, sometimes with a little help, And I kinda plan on replacing them every 5-8 years. I don't think I've ever laid down a corded tool and couldn't find it fast.