I can't comment on having a son or daughter work with me on a regular basis, but I did have my wife work with me for 7 years. She loved the job and we had a great time together. Having her along on those service calls to an elderly lady's home or a single woman's place eased a lot of fears for the customer. I know I was always a little hesitant to have a service man I didn't know come to my house when my wife was there by herself. There were other pluses to the situation too. Other trades on a job would always be quick to lend her a hand with heavy stuff when I wasn't right there. We worked well together. I got tired of hearing other guys say, "Man, I couldn't work with my wife, we'd kill each other in 3 days". It got to where I'd reply, "I know your wife. I couldn't work with her either." I also got a lot of really cool tools for Father's Day and birthdays. Once, when she had spent 2 days dragging a corded sawzall and 100' cord around a crawlspace, I got a Dewalt cordless sawzall for Valentine's Day. A similar situation yeilded me a cordless hammer drill. She finally had to stop when she was 6 months pregnant with our second child. We were at a new condo jobsite and she looked at the scuttle hole and said she could get down in there but feared I'd need to use the block and tackle to get her out. I know it can be a strain working with family, but the only downside we had was sometimes we would go home with our faces aching from laughing all day. She was the only help I ever had that I could pinch their butt or steal a kiss from on the job. She's also the only help I ever wanted to.