While we don't discuss IBEW and other related issues here, I think we can help you.

I was in your shoes at one point. I wanted to drop out of college many times to get a full time apprenticehip. In hindsight, I'm glad that I completed school even though my degree has been of no value. You only have 2 more years to go, so you might want to consider finishing your degree, and working for an electrician in the summer to feel things out and see if you like it first.

Once you graduate, you can decide if you want to become a full time apprentice, or do take a job in your field of study. I decided to become an electrcian, and I don't regret that decision at all. [Linked Image]

Remember, a college education is still very valuable to have, and being a college educated electrician will give you an even greater advantage if you ever want to go into design or management positions someday.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask. I'm sure some members will be happy to email you about the union, myself included.

[Linked Image]

Peter

Peter