I'm feeling more like an idiot than usual today.

I finally took the day off to take my 2000GMC Sierra in to the dealership. I've been putting it off for months, the "service engine" light's been on, and it would have to crank 10 seconds or so on a startup when warm.
I've been intimidated by all the gizmos on this truck. I've not even changed my own oil.
The stupidest thing is, I used to build race motors, and wouldn't have a second thought about ripping into the engine block, or anything else except the auto trans...or those darn gizmos

Before leaving (wife going to follow me over to drop it off), I opened the hood and saw what looked like a cracked vacuum hose. I pulled it off to look, and gas poured out. The diaphragm in the fuel pressure regulator was ruptured!
Went and bought regulator, put in on in less than 10 minutes (with one screwdriver) = Entire problem fixed. And I drove it around like that for months fighting it all the way.

Maybe I ought to look under there more often than once or twice a year. I'm SUCH an IDIOT sometimes.

I'm no longer intimidated...Hmm, maybe I'll go modify some of the microprocessors. After all, I've got the day off [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]...S

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 05-24-2004).]