Roger that mickky [Linked Image]

It must also be said that not all cans are created equal. The good IC's are a round can within a captive square can, the IC/NON-IC lousey ones are much less structural. The installation of the good ones usually means a larger square area of cieling contact and less chance for drafts.

Proper insulation techniqes also come into play here, i had one job where the GC's 16 yr old was not going to cut around ANYTHING while installing it.

He simply kicked it into the wired bays, pushing the wires out toward the unsided exterior and crushing the insulation down, as well as simply crushing it up against all the device boxes leaving gaps above , below and posterior to them. This had all occured before i could catch up to the baggy pants nose ringed little B*****D, and the GC just made light of it, oh well...

On to vapor barriers, seems the carpenters have the biggest disputes here, i do like when the plastic is internal, and covers all the device boxes, the sheetrock is applied and they all look shrink wrapped. seems like a good seal to me [Linked Image]