This is a great thread!
As many of you have pointed out it really brings back a lot of memories.
My dad was an electrical contractor, so I naturally started at a pretty early age. He had one fellow as a foreman who delited in teasing "the boss's kid". Our company did skads of apartment complexes and we were sent to one of these projects. The foreman (John) assigned me to do air conditioner hookups. The units were on pads outside each apartment. I would go inside and turn off the breaker, then go back out and wire it up. Several units into the detail I was getting pretty confident and just sailing along, but when I started making the connections on this one it bit the blazes out of me. Shaken, I went back in to make sure I had turned the breaker off. Sure nuff, it was off, so I went back out to finish. BANG! Got me again! Man it hurt. I was really confused. Checked the brkr again. It was off. I was more careful now. Finished and moved on to the next one. Turned brkr off and went out to do my work. BANG! Burnt me again. But this time I heard some muffled laughing from inside the apartment.
I know you all have figured out what was happening. John was sneaking around behind me a turning the brkr back on, then laughing when I got zapped. Pretty funny, huh?
Glad he had his laugh, cause he spent YEARS paying for it!

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 07-08-2004).]

You con du it with BURKEY BENDER conduit bender
CONDUIT BENDER