Virgil, About 20 yrs ago I lived next door to a Gaffer for one of the major studios.
Some of his accomplishments include:
...Putting quartz light on end of 20' of 1/2" GRC, standing it up in back yard, and pouring concrete for a base. Great 'til the lamp burned out. No way to change it.
...Built very nice doghouse on driveway, couldn't find tape measure, so used a level to measure. Driveway was sloped, so was doghouse when he put it in the yard.
...Emptied aboveground pool by taking the side off. Flooded house through open patio door. Next year, not wanting to repeat this, closed glass sliding door,took side off pool. Water blew out sliding door, shattered glass went everywhere, flooded house. His wife ran off with the neighbor's gardener shortly thereafter.

I'm sure they're not all like this, but with your multitudes of talents and accomplishments, I wouldn't sweat the loss of the title gaffer [Linked Image] Most gaffing I've seen is done by deckhands on fishing boats.

PS I think DSpark and myself are 2 of the last guys you'd find blowing smoke up your *** just to be nice. I'm a true believer in your skills, or I wouldn't say so.

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 08-26-2001).]