ga.sparky56 (aka Russell):

I am glad you asked this question, as I am right in a middle of a job with a similar situation. The only difference here is that the customer has two cabinets that have glass doors (to display china I presume) and wants accent lighting installed. She wants the light on the ceiling of the cabinet (all the shelves inside are glass as well), but the top of the cabinet is apprx. 1/4" thick and I don't feel that it is sturdy enough to mount a puck light, let alone withstand the heat (if it is halogen). The top of the cabinet is accessible so I can devise a better mounting system from the top, but need to verify that it complies w/the CODE and AHJ as acceptable & suitable for mounting the light.

Pforte, yes, it seems there just isn't a good way to install. My customer did buy some puck lights at HD and they were, in my opinion, a fire hazard waiting to happen so I told her I wouldn't install those until I could find something better.

If anyone has good suggestions on "puck" lighting I and the rest of us "posters" would be grateful!