I've been working with a Compaq IPAQ for two years now. I don'thave any need for Bluetooth or WiFi wireless connectivity, and am comfortable with having a seperate cell phone.

I chose the platform because of its large memory (RAM & ROM) and because it was PocketPC, not PalmOS, because of the tight integration with MS Office and Outlook. The field notes added to Tasks and to appointments in the Calendar has been very helpful. The device is a ready "tape recorder" for conversations or verbal notes.

Setting it to keep the last 30 days of email has helped with the details listed by the most current communication with some customers.

Part of what makes these really valuable is the regular use of the record handling ability of a formal contact manager like Outlook. It takes time to set up, but with regular use, the contact information collects in the electronic form on the desktop or laptop computer and is handily mirrored in the PDA. That has been gold for me. I no longer carry a day planner or paper printout of my contacts.

I haven't found any electrical software that has fit the PDA format yet, though, at least that I want to spend money on.

Al Hildenbrand