Hotline, most of you probably haven't thought of it, but in my town of about 20k souls, which is fed by a 12.47 kv grounded wye system, the primary neutrals of all the feeders of all the substations are tied together. At every transformer there is what the POCO calls a sectional ground, which is basically a 24 foot deep ground rod. Then on each adjacent pole there is one 8 foot ground rod. Cross country lines are grounded at some set interval that I can't remember right now. In my community this is an area that is roughly 40 square miles. Then there are a couple of 12 kv lines that extend in opposite directions an additional 6 miles or so. It's no wonder "Stray Voltage" exists. Do a google search for it and you will find lots of references. Dairy cows are especially sensitive to low voltages, so most of the better references come from dairy country. When I worked for the POCO no one had ever heard of stray voltage. There was an occasional complaint of being shocked while in the shower, but we were clueless as to the cause or the cure of the problem. Just doesn't happen enough here to be a problem that gets a lot of attention.

Niagara Mohawk has a good site. And here is a way to lick it.