2 questions please.
Have 3 halogen under counter fixtures hooked together. each fixture has 3 bulbs and a rocker switch for two levels of dimming. Fixtures from Lowes made by good earth lighting. Keep getting bad transformers, thier customer service will send new transformers but they say have had problems if they are on too much and built up heat. Trans is 115V in and output 11.5V 60 watt max for each. Question, can I delete transformers and cheap switches and get one transformer to replace the 3 seperate ones somewhere to mount in a remote box & power with a regular wall dimmer switch. Is this a good idea. would get different brand but like brass housing on the fixtures.
Also Used my digital fluke to test transformer but would not read the 11.5 volts, I guess because voltage so low. Had to use cheap analog radio shack $15.00 old one. Always used the cheap meters before because of size but not durable. Now it seems also more dependable does this sound right? Any recommendations on a small durable analog multimeter under $100.00 so dont need a backup to carry.
Sorry so long but thanks for any input.