I try and give everyone a clue, basically if there is a known amount of work, one can either bid it out or give an estimate, both with prints, signatures, handshakes & kisses.

Then there is the unknown as in a fish job, were i usually need to explain my x-ray vision deficientcy.
that always makes 'em go hmmmmmm

I have entertained complaints, quantum electrical theories from mindless fools, brought-my-own-eggs,insinuations of material price gouging, as well as rude putdowns of my personal intergrity as a tradesman, all to elude the eagle's deficational due date.
all in a day's work..... [Linked Image]

WARREN1.... call the publisher!

I've gotten fairly good at liens, but they are really only for your hiers to make good on, they are only paper...

I am interested in how others in the trade go about this dirty work, i really hate chasing people for a $$, but i gotta feed the fam, i have not found a collection agency that will bother with under four zero's....

Of interest, i have a few friends in the cop shop, one of which i gave a particularly stubborn lien holder who had'nt budged given all my mailings & ranting.
He gave it to his 'hachet man' , now i get checks in the mail, he won't tell me who this individual(s) is/are, says i don't want to know.... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 07-12-2001).]