I would like to thank everyone for their input. The owner paid for a new cable, and that is what he deserves. On the other hand, the electrical contractor shouldn't have to replace the cable if it's not required. We are trying to determine whether or not the insulation has been damaged. This has proven to be quite complicated in that, while everyone agrees that the test number we got shows the cable satisfactory for use, is the cable "as-good-as-new?". Have the insulation properties gone from 100% to 90%? Whatwould the megger readings be then? My research has shown that the megger test is effected by several things - temperature, length and type of cable, even the method of testing, which varies by voltage and time of voltage application - 30 seconds, 60 seconds, etc. (BTW - this test was done with a Biddle No. 210900 digital megger tester. This instrument charges a DC capacitor, which sends a 500 volt charge through the cable.
DBC1 - I've heard that bass like their worms cooked! regular or extra-crispy? [Linked Image]

Bob