Also a bit different, but I suffered a broken ankle that involved surgery, a six inch steel plate and thirteen screws (not on the job but I still got comp because my boss was great!). Now I worked in a warehouse at the time, which included a lot of lifting and heavy legwork. This was about four years ago and it still hurts at times but like “rmiell” said:
“If you are in good shape, and can stand pain, you should be able to do therapy after surgery, in order to strengthen the arm.” (Or ankle in my case).
When you work with your body, it gets hurt. There’s not much of a choice in that. But how many scars are on your hands that you look at and tell stories about now? And like “pwood” said you don’t have to leave the trade if it’s serious (god forbid), you might just have to change your job title a bit. Good luck, and if I can speak for all of us on ECN, we’re pulling for you!
![[Linked Image]](https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/smile.gif)
[This message has been edited by Elec_VA (edited 02-20-2003).]