Hello from South Dakota!!

Back on Dec. 20th I had to drill a hole in a concrete wall for some 21/2" conduit. I drilled half way through the 14" wall and changed sides. I started to drill when the concrete gave way and the hilti surged forward, making my shoulder feel as if it exploded.

I reported the accident to my Boss and he sent me to the clinic. They determined that I had a small tear in the rotory cuff, so on to physical therapy. Now the Doc is saying that I have done something to the AC joint and I have to go in for surgery on the 25th.

I have never had to have surgery before and I am a LITTLE concerned about how well someone can recover from this. Electrical work is the only thing I really do well, and if I can't do any overhead work again I'm afraid I may have to give it up.

I'm also concerned that if I can go back to work my employer may find a way to let me go, and after an injury like this it may be slightly difficult to find a new place to work.

Ok, Ok, Ok, to much time to sit around and worry about things! Any suggestions? Anyone have this surgery before? What do I do "IF"?

Thanks
Jon

Jon Niemeyer