Well, the hobby has continued to grow.

I sold the Philips Oscilloscope about a year ago after buying another old scope - Tektronix 465. I have played with it, time permitting, and I'm slowly understanding the basics. It appears that it still works quite well but I have yet to determine it's accuracy and have yet to understand all it's capabilities. I have a couple manuals and have been reading a great deal on the 'net. So much to learn, so little time...

Today, I may have added another Oscilloscope to the bench. I found a Rigol DS1054Z on eBay.ca up for auction. I've been looking at this model off and on for the past year but always considered it outside my budget (what budget?). When I seen a brand new DS1054Z up for auction it caught my attention since I don't recall ever seeing new Rigols up for auction on eBay. Made a few early bids and finally put a max bid on it and walked away. Went out to put gas in the van and when I got back I was astounded to find out that I got it for well under market value. Hmmm... Hopefully, it arrives in one piece smile

Last edited by Potseal; 12/24/17 11:58 PM.

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne