Hi guys and girls, still alive, but visiting on an irregular basis.

I'm also not a contractor, but interested in electrical contractoship, electrical safety, U.S. / international power systems

I'm an el. engineer with an apprenticeship (finished 2004) and tech college degree (finished 2008). Been working in electrical controls for machinery since then. I do the schematics and automation conception, parts of the machinery safety / CE mark work and very few software, we have a separate department for that. Projects are usually up to 63 Amp 3-phase, most complex single machine had 192 inputs on the PLC.
Sometimes they go abroad so I have to adapt to the local power and frequence (and UL/CSA, no fun!)
Did a few electrical transport vehicles (indoor) on 48V DC, up to 200 Amp.
Did a few circuit board designs some years ago.

In private I sometimes do electrical building work in friends houses; It’s accepted if you keep the standards and leave a documentation of the measuring (insulation, loop impedance, rcd tests…) you made and of course you are responsible for what you did. But I don’t have the licensing to do it for money.

Other tech hobbies include collecting and restoring neon signs; some electronics, some fireworks.

Take care,
always happy to come here and see whats new

Andy

Last edited by andey; 05/11/16 07:37 AM.