Originally Posted by Trumpy
Originally Posted by annemarie1
I see now if you have 3 phase available as long as you don't put the oven on the same phase as the shower it works fine. I think you might have to get the poco to uprate your supply otherwise I think you will need to get a decent supply of candles in I really can't understand why European countries don't to the same as the UK and have an 80 or 100 amp supply to a house there's never any overload issues unless you live at the end of a very long line and that's rare

Over here in NZ, AnnMarie, stoves out in the country were fed with 2 phase 400V, mainly to make sure that when you turned the grill element on, it wouldn't knock half the house out during winter.

I personally think that fusing a 240V house at 80 or 100A is out-landish, sure the houses are possibly bigger over there, but I'd struggle to name any house here that has anything more than a 63A single-phase fuse feeding it, let alone 100A.

You mention about being at the end of a spur-line, it is up to the local supply authority to provide either a tap-changer transformer (that changes the voltage when the load on it increases) or a higher HV voltage into your EOL transformer to take voltage drop into account.

Here in the US half of new homes are fused at 200amps, even the small 1,200 foot homes.