Hello,

I am working on a design for the installation of a new fire pump/room and want to make sure my design intent meets code. I will try to keep my description short as possible.

The client site is a multibuilding campus-style complex with fire pump in one building so power source will be a feeder, not a utility service so 695.3(A)(1) will not apply. There is a onsite generator that will be used as an alternate source per 695.3(B)(1).

My intent is to tap the bus ahead of the load center main breaker to a disconnect switch (DS) rated 1200A. The DS will be within 25ft & the tap conductors will be rated for 400A (600MCM).

The DS will be installed seperate and not within the equipment that feeds other fire pump loads and will be located between the power source and the listed fire pump controller. The DS will be supervised per 695.4(B).

The DS will be sized for lock rotor but the generator breaker will be sized to run the motor.

My question, is my design intent in any violation of Art 695? Would you make any suggestions or have any problems with the design intent?

Thank you in advance