Automation Direct is a CHANNEL.

As far as I know, they scarcely manufacture anything.

Did you even try to clear up the ground path?

&&&

Techs CONSTANTLY assume that the gear went south -- when the environment (vibration, heat, dust, static electricity) is the dominating fault creator.

%%%

It's EASY to blame this or that manufacturer... for stuff breaking down in the field.

But...

But...

Micro electronics is both solid-state and it runs pretty cold.

If it works at all it should work for tens of thousands of hours. ( Like LED lamps )

The reason that sub-components are not sold is because their failure rate is so low that no-one can make a dime working that angle. (Too rare -- the turn over is pathetic.) ((Hint, hint, you're probably barking up the wrong tree. ))

ANY machine that vibrates -- gets hot -- and is in a dusty situation is at risk for the field installation.

Double check all of the basics before you condem components.

$$$

I've lost track of how many times a tech assumed that the ground path was clean, the voltage was proper, the wave form was clean, etc.

Right up until the VERY end, the techs were convinced that such basic issues as the ground path and the voltage delivered could not be the issue. Instead, some fuzzy, archane, mysterious affliction was presumed.

Don't.

Make your judgments after you have addressed all of the classic vibration-failure modes.

(I've lost track of how many times I've found that loose screws were the trouble.

Other persistant troubles turn on corrosion. These test (DMM) in a high impedance meter as okay. Under load they fail.)

Automation Direct's play is based upon shedding the technical support. For complicated devices (digital logical controllers) that's no small thing.

Any electrician used to power circuits is 'at sea' when the voltage sensitive issues of digital logic hit the scene.

If nothing smoked on the board... then why did your controller drift in and out of proper performance?

Last edited by Tesla; 06/12/14 09:53 PM.

Tesla