Reno,
I know where you are coming from, that is why that particular drive was sized to 1.5 times the required size. I knew going in there would be no way to keep the operators from starting this machine with the hopper full, even though the instructions say do not do it. The first issue I had was the display screen(lcd) went dark, so I have no way of really seeing what the drive is doing, then the start and drop out issue. Tech man says the display is not available seperatly," you can get a remote keypad and comm board to take its place, but the control issue is a well known issue with these drives, and I recomend replacing the drive." I then asked about a replacement control board, "they are not available seperately." So I asked if he could give me any help since the drive is about 2.5 years old and has set idle for at least a year of that, his answer" I am afraid you are on your own, the drive is out of warranty." Guess I should have checked about replacement part availability before I spent the money on the drive. I am not on the hook for this thing, i just hate to go to my customer and tell them what I was told. I try to stand behind my work better than that, guess I will try to split the cost with them. To anyone considering a Stellar drive, buy 2 so that you will have parts if you need them.

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid