Right now, my covered porch (so it's a 'damp,' rather than 'wet' location) is getting by with a keyless mounted on the wall.

There's no 'accessory' plate referred to in the instructions, and the fixture is made with an assortment of mounting holes, so it's clearly intended to be mounted on nearly every sort of 'standard' box. There's even provision for using one of those center posts, so common with light fixtures. My issue is that there's no way to both use the mounting holes and have the wires in the box.

Solution? Well, you can be sure UL will hear about this; someone really dropped the ball. It's either that, or someone is using the UL name without permission.

If my wall were perfectly flat, I might be happy to mount the box directly, and use the 3/8" space behind it as my 'wiring compartment.' My wall is a common clapboard, though. Mounting the light flush to the wall would result in a 3/4" gap where the clapboards met, opening my wall to the weather and making a fine wasp nest.

The previous light had a small round base that would have fit on one clapboard.

As a side note ... The wall has, behind the fixture, studs places so that the greatest distance between them is only 3". In order to mount this box it was necessary for me to notch the stud. The Multi-master is definitely the tool for that job.