All the bonding is done by the factory, that's not an issue. The twist lok is an option, not a requirement and as you say, that only makes it 6'. My issue is that he insists that 5' is legal for the factory plug and I can find no possible way to make 5' legal for a plug connected pump. Am I missing some exception that makes 5' a legal distance for a plug connected pump? (The convenience recep is also not a prob, we already have one 15' from where the pool will end). This old house has a fuse box, not breakers. That makes the twist lok dependant on a dead head GFI (since we can't install a GFI breaker) which we really don't wanna do. I'm trying to get the pump unit piped to meet the 10' requirement. I guess what annoys me most is that he insists he "always does this". We're in WV where there are no AHJ inspectors. We have to call an "approved" inspector to come approve it. If he "always does this", what does that say about these independant inspectors?