Do any of you contractors ever get feedback on the bids you don't win? I am not sure if it is my bid, the economy, the number of guys doing side-work or what, but we are asked to submit bids and we are not getting any of them. We have a markup on material of 15% across the board, but no additional amount for overhead or profit and we still are not getting any jobs.
I was wondering if it is normal for the contractor to go back to the person requesting the bid and ask who was awarded the bid and for what amount in order that I might determine if my pricing is that far off or what might be the problem. I have talked with another electrical contractor that I have known for many years and he says that my prices are reasonable and that the only work he is getting is from old established accounts. He said he isnt getting any "new work" either. Any way to find out what the winning bid was other than asking the customer? And if you go back and ask the customer, do you begin to sound needy to them?
Confused in N. Texas.