Well, you can add MA to the list of states that now have their own Division of Occupational Safety [DOS] RRP regulations. They received the needed approval from the EPA to last week.

One change that is more stringent than the EPA’s RRP is that the certified renovator is required to be on site at all times. MA also naturally wants more money, $375.00 for the certification as opposed to the EPA’s $300.00.
At the moment, I’m not sure if actual enforcement of the rules will be done through local building inspector departments or specifically through DOS, but I guess I will find out soon enough.

From the DOS website:
Effective July 9, 2010, the Division of Occupational Safety promulgated amendments to 454 CMR 22.00 (Deleading and Lead-Safe Renovation), and, in conjunction with the Executive Office for Administration and Finance, amendments to 801 CMR 4.02 454 (16) and (18) (Licensing Fees for Lead-Safe Renovation Contractors and Lead-Safe Renovator Training Providers). The amended version of 454 CMR 22.00 can be viewed by clicking HERE . The amendments to 801 CMR 4.02 454 (16) and (18) change the licensing fee and surcharges for Lead-Safe Renovation Contractors from $575 for a one-year license to $375 for a five-year license, and waive the $1,775 annual fee for Lead-Safe Renovator Training Providers if they are a State, federally recognized Indian Tribe, local government or non-profit organization.

These amendments, which establish safety standards for renovation, repair and painting work that disturbs lead paint in target housing and child-occupied facilities built before 1978, parallel similar federal EPA requirements that became effective on April 22, 2010 under the “Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule” (RRP Rule), 40 CFR 745.80-92. The amendments to 454 CMR 22.00 are designed to be as protective of human health and the environment as the federal standard. Effective July 9, 2010, DOS received authorization from EPA to administer and enforce the lead safety standards for renovation, repair and painting work set forth in 454 CMR 22.00, in lieu of the federal standard being enforced by EPA in Massachusetts.