Sorry to say that the "politically correct" are trying to put an end to the spirit of goodwill at Christmas over here too.....

1. A school banned parents from photgraphing their kids' nativity play, in case the photos of the kids ended up in the "wrong hands."

2. The HQ of the Red Cross Society gave an order to its stores that they mustn't display any traditional Christmas decorations, in case they offend non-Christians.

3. A department store informed everyone that kids visiting Santa in his grotto would not be allowed to sit on his knee, lest there be any accusations.

Some of these people want to see wrong-doing everywhere and prevent anyone from expressing any opinion which somebody, somewhere might not like.

So even though I'm outside the U.S., I shall invoke the First Amendment with what I consider to be everybody's universal right to freedom of speech by saying:

Merry Christmas everybody, wherever you may be. Peace and goodwill to all, and best wishes for a happy and contented New Year with those you love.

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by pauluk (edited 12-24-2002).]