I think the Telco/Cable/Satt contractor should be running their own ground to your block. (it was the ground rod(s) back in the olden days)
In most cases with cable, their box is sealed anyway. In my experience they are not very diligent when it comes to grounding so somebody does need to follow up and inspect this. Hopefully it has been done before the final electrical inspection but that may not happen. I used to warn homeowners of the problem and have them hold the installer's feet to the fire when they get their cable or phone installed. I offered to get in the middle if it came to it but I am guessing my card with a short note on the back was all it took because I never got a call back.
My experience with lightning damage in the computer biz made me a fanatic about good grounding practices.