I am not sure we are talking about the same septic design.
The type I am referring to is a 3 tank system(because its on a lake[two is more typical}) The first tank is solids, when the water level reaches spill over then that black water goes into tank #2 which spills over into third tank via a filter that I think makes this gray water(this I am not sure of though) any way inside this tank sits said 12 Amp motor which pumps it 500+ feet to drain field tank which has two tanks up there.
Anyway inside #3 tank is a plastic JB which power, float and motor splice using the blue wet location wire nuts. The low voltage high alarm is run through LB. In both cases using direct burial wire outside tank back to house, where disco is mounted. I changed breaker to 2 pole 20Amp and it is working fine. Thanks for all the posts, interesting.
H2O