I am not sure what the current policy is but when I was doing telecom wiring they wanted fiber in a raceway anyway, just for protection. That may have changed..

Even past their demarcation point? Around here the norm is that telco assumes responsibility up the point of service entrance and its your baby from that point forward. They will of course make it their problem for a fee.

Not that I would argue against putting anything that is either expensive to run or an unknown as far as future utility goes in a pipe. That's the best future-proofing you can get.

What is the norm around here (and we are somewhat behind the times) is to pull a basic RG6/cat5 system, nothing fancy unless someone is paying for it, and let the people they hire (cable/sat) terminate it. We do install phone jacks to save the end user the expense it would cost to have ATT cross the thresh hold but the TV guys have to come in anyway.

I would install it as a courtesy (for a price of course) and bury it behind a blank plate. This is assuming your an EC and not a low volt contractor.

Now I have to disclaim that in this part of the world fiber is what we use to connect our DVD player to our receiver and not much more. I would love to hear what its being used for elsewhere.