I just noticed out "tamper resistant receptacles" thread has gone on for 13 pages. I'm not sure if that's a record, but it certainly is exceptional.

Many of the comments digress, and refer to other parts of the 2008 edition which the poster finds problematic.

Well, here's a "heads up!" The 2011 "Report on Proposals" ought to be out any moment. This, in turn, means we get to comment on the sundry proposals that have been made.

All I can say is: get it. Read it. Comment. Raise Cain if need be.

After all, many of the objectionable parts of the 08 snuck by without comment, or discussion, in any of the internet forums. The requirement for tamper resistant receptacles was one such 'stealth' change.

Do comments matter? I have to say 'yes.' For the 08 code, I made a proposal. One could almost hear the snorts and giggles as the committee quickly rejected it. Comments made led to a complete reversal of the rejection. I was most surprised to find a page in the "Analysis of Changes" book that not only adopted my proposal, but repeated my reasoning almost word for word. (And I did not make any comments - someone else persuaded the committee to reconsider).

If anyone has a direct link, post it here.