Originally Posted by harold endean
I am going where Greg is talking about. What is the tub space? What does 406.8(C) really say? "Receptacles shall not be installed within or directly over a bathtub or shower area." Does sec. 410.4 (which defines a shower area) refer to the shower area? Does it mean a receptacle can't be within 3' of the tub/shower edge?

I have seen many times where someone puts a TV in the bathroom but forgets to make the receptacle a GFI protected one. So they fail that job, but can you fail someone for having a receptacle within 3' of the tub? What is the code section?

Now Harold that will raise a very good point related to the receptale near the bathtub I feel it almost like designing issue if this bathroom is small there is not much we can do beside follow the NEC requirement.

Greg., Yeah France have alot of nice body of water allover the place however with the French Electrical code it is very strict and I mean far much stricter than NEC is the old regualations will NOT allow any receptale unless you have isolation transfomer AKA shaver tranformer now that slowly going out of flavour now allowed have RCD protected receptale but only in " zone 3 " I will try to find a diagram what it layout look like and the first metre { apx 3 feet } no recpectale in that location from bathtub or shower stall. that we called zone 0 or 1 depending on the setup the zone 2 can have switches but limited used receptale the zone 3 anything can go from there so each zone is expaned per meter apart it will change zone.

Merci,Marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)