How do you keep an area like that clean and dry during the stormy season? Being from the Pacific NW, I can't imagine having something like that in my back yard... It would be covered in moss. Anyway, it looks like a nice setup...

I am currently running 25' S-Video & audio cables from the computer under my desk (Athlon64X2 6000+) to my TV as the DVR, but am going to put it on another box (P4 3.0) next to the TV. Vista and Media Center run great on the Athlon64X2, we'll see about the P4. I may have to keep the annoying long cables, and having to crawl under the desk to switch out the jacks for my headphones.

I'd be really interested to see how your car setup works... I have been considering moving my Linux box (Duron 1100) into the trunk for use as a mobile grid computing platform, just to say that I can/have. I suppose I could do other things with it, such as MP3 player or GPS, but that can easily come later. Are the boxes just standard cases, or something special? I would be concerned with vibration and jarring while driving down the road. My biggest concern is power; I have an inverter but my car's small battery is pretty easy to kill. I would need to devise a scheme to have the computer turn off shortly (say 15 minutes) after the engine has stopped, and then start it up again with the ignition.

(Getting back on topic):
Work: Windows XP Pro SP2
Home: Mac OS X 10.5.6, Ubuntu 9.04, Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP1, Windows XP Pro SP3.

I still have copies of Win95, 98, ME and 2000 as well as nearly every version of MacOS. I started with computers using ProDOS on an Apple IIe, and MS-DOS 4/5 on a 286. Then MacOS (System) 6, 7, Win 3.11 and so on.

I don't really claim to take sides in the Mac/Windows/Linux argument, as you can see I use all three on various computers. In fact, I try to enjoy the differences and similarities of all OSes. I have, however, converted to Mac OS for my daily home use, as I bought a MacBook Pro. Even though I often regret and am saddened by the price disparity with the Apple stuff, I did it because I can dual-boot MacOS with nearly any other x86 OS. I currently use XP Pro SP3 for this, booting fresh from the XP partition for games and a few other rare instances and using VMWare Fusion for most everything else.