Hi all!

I haven't posted here in ages, but still follow the forums.

This time I have something that I'd like your feedback on, since you people have the experience I lack. (I'm an engineer turned salesman and now I want to design the product I've already offered.)

It's a charging system for electric vechicles which can be employed both at home and at public charging stations. The "at home" part is easy, but the public charging points pose some difficulties.

Where I live, grey steel cabinets stick out of the ground everywhere, filled with various utility wires. You find them by the side of buildings, next to the road or even in the middle of the woods. This means that us locals are completely blind to them. But I realise that this may not be the case in other countries.

So, my first question is: What would you say if you were asked install cabinets similar to this next to a car park? It's about 1 x 1 x .3 m above ground.

Next, I want you to pull half a dozen screened 4 x 50mm2 (4-wire, 1/0 AWG) aluminium cables cables in a 30m (100 feet) long trench across the parking lot from the cabinet to the chargers. Quick and easy or a lot of work? (No worries, you don't need to dig the trench!)

How do you prefer to terminate the wires? In terminals, with crimped lugs or something else?

And lastly, would you prefer fuses or breakers in the cabinet? (100A for each outgoing cable) Both electricians and engineers here answer fuses.

Attached Images
okab05_margin.jpg