I cannot come up with any ideas on dealing with this issue.

For the most part I have been so busy I cannot take on more work or advertise. I hate doing this. Not advertising and not continuing to look for more work is how companies go under. I know this, I have seen it first hand. Even though I know this I continue to do it.

It seems some weeks we work 35 hrs, some 70hrs. Plus additional hours for me doing paper work, estimates, etc.

Now for the last month I have been saying, "I'm not going to have work next week.' Cause I think its going to be slow but something comes up and I'm busy. But eventually I'm going to be out of work... and with me not taking on additional jobs its like I'm going to be back at square one where I started the company. (With the exception of existing clients.)

If I hire another guy, (we currently have 4) what happens when we do slow down for a week? Do I just say hey sorry guy I don't need you this week.( I may be saying that to the current guys if things don't keep poping up.. which I can't see it continuing to happen like this.. Or is that how it is you just fly by the seat of your pants and trust things will pop up... hrm...)

I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this. All I know is it sucks to not be able to look for more work, or if I do its gonna suck working 80hrs a week. Either way its a rough route.

So what do I have to do here?

My inital thought is I have to get out of the field, strictly do business. Hire someone to do my job. (Which I will make less money, not doing it myself) ( And a large amount of my work is small jobs and service work which i think is harder to send an employee to) This goes along with what has been said around here before about being a worker and 'running a business', they are different.

It seems I need to make a leap here, just not sure which direction. Any words/advice of wisdom?

Last edited by Trick440; 09/29/08 11:08 PM.

Shake n Bake