Just a note of caution ....

Many, many developing countries have exported pipe threading machines that are based upon proven models. Korea, India, and China are three examples.

I will not say these are bad, or ineffective machines. I know of one that was in use for nearly 25 years. The problem has to do with the dies; dies are not interchangeable between brands, so when your 'factory set' wears out, you're out of luck.

I have also encountered a number of used or older machines ... even quality makes such as Ridgid ... that leak an excessive amount of current into the case. In other words, are unsafe shock factories.

I've cautioned folks before as to purchasing unknown materials, of unknown origin, from auction sites ... but this might be a time when paranoia is prudent.

Otherwise ... threading equipment is clearly in the category of "company provided" tooling. Apart from the thread cutter itself, there is usually a substantial investment in vises, etc. (I once saw a very nice arrangement, where the machine was mounted on a pull-out tray on the truck). Yet more reasons not to grab just any 'bargain' that comes your way.