Homer:
One of the few 'good' things here in NJ is the arc faults are amended OUT of the UCC from day 1, and we all hope if and when '08 gets adopted, they stay out. Funny, the big boxes have them on the shelves. Funnier, a few HO's and I hate to say, a few Lic. EC's have installed AFCI's instead of GFCI's. AFCI for jacuzzis; AFCI's for litchen/bath receptacles. A few jobs require AFCI within the plans/specs

We did our 9 hours of '08 changes (CEU) in January '08, 8 months later, still under '05. One of the big loud debates was the tamper resistant receptacles. Mfg. influenced new requirement? Majority all felt that way.

As to the CEU instructors, yes it is a growing 'business' here. Last I heard there are 600 +/- licensed by NJ, and the competition is really growing. We are required to do 34 hrs every 3 year lic. cycle for EC's. As an AHJ, I have to do six (6) 1 day seminars thru Rutgers/DCA.

Lastly, we have Energy, Barrier Free, LEEDs, Fire, Amusement, Playground, Rehab, and another dozen to keep up with. As to permits, the Twp I work in averages approx. 4000 to 5000+ per year.

John