In BC it is the CEC as amended for BC.
With the recent requirement for GFCI protection within 1.5 meters (5 ft.) of all sinks there are fewer and fewer split receptacles being installed in kitchens and we are using 20A t Slot plugs with a gfci outlet. Still no more than 2 outlets on a kitchen circuit. With the arc hazard emphasis these days I like the main breaker section covers. It allows work in the panel with almost no chance of accidental contact with the incoming lines hot. In a service entry it improves the safety for the electrician as a service conductor fault might feed a long time if relying on the utility primary fuse to blow.
EMT is an excellent bonding conductor and will carry 1/2 the fault current even when a lower impedance copper bonding conductor is installed.
As long as you are pointing out differences the Canadian code has at least prevented appliance makers from using the neutral for bonding. I think most new US made ranges have 4 wire cords now?
Given that we both use the same basic distribution I am surprised the two codes are not almost the same. I really think the US code is written by lawyers and the Canadian code by electricians and engineers who are trying to write rules like lawyers.
For the most part US and Canadian electricians make similar installations. Now if only you could get rid of all those electrical workers. You know the ones I mean; carpenters, plumbers, guys off the street, etc.