Thanks for the replies.

I should clarify a few things.

SAFETY IS NUMBER 1 !!! As you step onto the property there is a large sign that says "Everyone home EVERY night!" I would not have taken the job if their safety program was not as good as it is.

I will be the number 3 electritian on a 3 man team. we work 4 days on 2 days off. That way there are 2 men working as a team every day. NO ONE works alone.

Lock out tag out is sop. (after as many years in the trade, I have all my own locks and tags and I have the only set of keys).

High voltage PPE is supplied by the company and it is immediate termination of job if you don't use it.

The head electritian is a very close friend of mine. He is a master electrician as well as an expierienced miner. It is our responsibility to ensure that our work is up to standards. We will rely on the NEC so far as it does not conflict with standard mine safety. I did notice in the electrical rules for the mine that the NEC really is the MINIMUM standard.

The only real inspector we have on site is the safety inspector. And he is always on the move.

As far as the Lab goes; it is my understanding that the levels of the mine where they will be are to be built out and wired like a standard building. (as standard as you can be 8000ft under ground.) Should be quite an experience.

My main questions for all you is how hard is it to adjust to being dark when you go to work, dark at work, and dark when you get off!?! Don't know how I will handle it. Guess we will see.

Jon

Jon Niemeyer