I hope all had a happy New Year.
Renosteinke, you are right, it is just a conversion of an old service station. It was a large enough space that they were able to section off and we are now converting it.
Through negotiation I have been awarded this job. By my proposal, the owner knows what I have covered and since he doesn't want to invest in an engineer he has agreed to cover the cost plus of anything that the inspector may require that is not included in our original proposal .
He has accepted the fact that a lein waiver will be given to him upon final payment and that if that becomes an issue a lein will be placed. I don't think it will be an issue but it is a neccesity in this business.

Leland metioned EXIT signs which is a good point, I do have them in there as well as emergency lighting.

Bryaninbalt... The existing service is a 100amp 220 volt single phase, we will be upgrading to 400 amp 3 phase 4 wire service. Reason for such an increase is the plan calls for a Dunkin Donuts to take some space in there.

I have already talked to the AHJ and as long as we are not going into the service area or filling area we will treat this as a normal building as far as wiring goes.

Oh and Reno, I didn't put any thought into beverage dispensing counter as the owner didn't mention it, but I will ask him, theres got to be a slurpie machine going somewhere in there.

Thanks again for the help and interest.

Rick