KJay, No thank you. One of the beauties of a message board to air the issues. You brought up points others thought of but did not know where to even begin to look. Other really did not give it a whole lot of thought but now they are thinking about it. The use of differnt brand of breakers is a popular topic that many do not truly understand but want the right answers but do not want to be impicated for using the wrong breakers. smile

You brought up the term "classified". For those who do not what it means is that the item has been tested as sub-assembly that can be used as part of a larger assembly. In other words, there is more burden that comes down to the installation, and acceptance by the installer and the inspector. I, myself have both used and inspected others that used different brand breakers without looking up the listing. I have seen enough to know if the installation is safe or not.

If the unlikelyhood it came to an insurer bulking on a payment which likley lead someone going after the installer and it does happen, you must be able to explain and show why you did what you did. This is part of the responsibility we take when we put on our tool belts. It may sound that I am making a mole hole out of a ant hill. I am just pointing out the resposibilty we take rather we know it or not by using different brand breakers then the panel.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa