This morning I was online when all the sudden the computer goes off. Then come to find out my home suffered a power outage.

Ok, no big deal, except my monitor (LCD flat screen) would flash on and then right back off....then on and right back off....un plug it and it would stop...but plug it back in and it would do this all over again.

But wait! How could it do this? The power is out!

Well then I go in to use the rest room, and forget the power is out, when I flip the switch. There is a faint glow.

I look up and low and behold the light was illuminated, but barely. It almost looked as if it were on a dimmer switch on the lowest setting.

I tried a few other lamps in my home. All of the incandescent lamps did the same thing (the fluorescent tubes wouldn't do it)....the filament would glow an orangish color, sorta looked like those old vacuum tubes they used to use in radios.

Went and grabbed my multimeter, flipped it on AC volts and stuck the probes in the 120 volt wall outlet.

I got a reading of 24 volts AC out of my 120 volt AC wall outlet.

I called the power company and reported the outage. I got no explanation on why it happened but in about an hour I had power again.

I'm just curious as to what would've (or could've) caused this to happen? I've been in power outages before, but not ones where there some power still there.

Anyone know?

Thanks.