I have installed this now a few times. And i must say there are the biggest pain in the as% i have ever delt with. The yellow wire comes into the socket and get split like a cross. The peice snaps in when you screw it down (which are eye glasses screws) and peirces the wire. i just installed these in a new custom home approx 20 windows it took forever to do the final. transformer was a cake install, pulling wires were so so. i had been informed to not cut lines between windows in other words keep it one solid line from start to finish making a loop at each window. thus you can check for continuity befor doing the final. i found this a waste of time as you land up cutting the line upon installing the bases. over all these things produce a low light, they land up falling on the center window mullers for cross frame if your window has one. the house i did had a large sill which the finish framer had not drilled very well. so i could not shove the wire back down into the wall had i been able to this prob may have made the job alittle better. OVERALL I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A 2 OUT OF 10 :-{ i will never push this product on any of my customers ever!!!!!