RE the truck. My trucks stay at the shop except for rare occasions. It has saved me a fortune in towing, repair and fuel bills. And that was when gas was $1.20/gal or so! I had an old timer who "didn't want to drive his truck to work". He came highly recommended but he stayed home. I won't do it.

I've not had any problems with such other than this one guy. They know it when they are hired. I explain if asked that it makes us more competitive which means more jobs and job security. If they can't deal with that they can move on down the road as I'm not in the transportation business.

I also don't furnish them with cordless tools. They buy them, I finance it for them along with any REQUIRED hand tools. IF they break them or the battery dies I replace or repair it. This way if they want to pawn it it is theirs. If they leave it somewhere it is theirs to replace.

Theft is therefore kept at a minimum also. One other benefit I think is that it builds a confidence in them that they have a good set of tools to work with. Being it is theirs most of them take good care of it.