I have looked, and I fail to find ANY personal attacks ... all comments have been directed toward the idiocy of the action, and the dangers those actions pose to others.

At the very least, some one had to get suited up, and expose themselves to the same hazards, just to remove the body.

Ann found an instance where an innocent person was stranded, and had to be rescued, following a similar incident. Nor can we overlook the sundry fires and equipment damage. Not to mention the cost, to the rest of us, of repairing / replacing the stuff.

When the theft occurs in the general distribution network, who knows what suffering occurs- and all to truly innocent people.

Shaking our heads in astonishment at the ridiculous extremes folks go to in order to kill themselves is the very basis of the "Darwin Awards." I hold that such ridicule does serve a useful purpose.
While many have sought martyrdom in the past, hoping to add glory to their names ... I can't recall anyone ever seeking death so he could be laughed at! The message that stealing wire is silly, will get you hurt, and all your friends will be laughing at your foolishness .... just might deter such acts.

The trouble is, every scoundrel - even Charles Manson - has a mother who thinks he's a good boy. Let's not let our sympathies be misguided, into making excuses or apologies for what was, at minimum, an antisocial act by a selfish person.

Moreover, this wire theft has got to be stopped. Our recent wildfire ... that destroyed 250+ homes ... was caused by someone who just couldn't refrain from making their campfire in an approved site. We have had several similar fires - fortunately stopped in time - started by folks trying to steal power lines.

These guys are not cute unfortunates who happened to goof. They are mad dogs, that simply must be stopped.