I am with you all the way on this one. Cheap stamped mounting hardware. Wobbly threading. I know folks outside the USA might not see the problem with it, but METRIC THREADS! -or maybe some Chinese aproximation of metric- at any rate these fixtures don't accomodate industry standard thread pitches/bolt sizes common in the U.S. such as 6/32 or 8/32. The groundscrews appear stamped as if they were produced in a nail factory, and if lost, broken or removed, won't even accomodate as a replacement, the standard 10/32 groundscrew that is industry standard over here. Fixture wiring of dodgy quality, size and insulation material. Undersized wirenuts included with the fixture- usually the stubby orange ones which are wide enough but hardly deep enough to accomodate the fixture wire and a #14 wire. I wish we could get some standards over here as well, since I am only seeing more and more of these as architects go looking for more and diverse types of stylish florescent lighting to comply with the (semi) new California energy regulations
and speculators building on the residential side try to help the bottom line by choosing the chinese cheapies. It also seems odd that these lights seem to carry a UL label, yet the quality of the materials and workmanship clearly aren't up to snuff.

I am surprised this hasn't caught the eye of more people over here- specifically safety regulators in various agencies because from what I have seen of a lot of Chinese stuff the build quality is atrocious. I can't imagine the install Joe homeowner must come up with getting some of these lights up.