Since I've retired as a FF, there have been a few calls that I've been called out to as an Inspector.
All the same light fittings, cheap rubbish fittings that don't comply with our Regulations.
These are either Downlights or Dichroics with the bare minimum in protection.
I sent a letter off to an importer recently via e-mail and are waiting for a response.
The bulk of the message is below:
Dear Sir,
I will start by notifying you that the lighting equipment you are selling poses a serious fire risk and a danger to life and property.
Regardless of the fact that you are an importer of such lighting equipment from China, none of the said gear complies with our local laws or compliance regimes.
The reason I say this is because I am an Electrical Inspector and have been a member of the NZ Fire Service, for 16 years before I retired.
Now, I ask that you pull these products from the market until tests can be done on them as to their suitablity for NZ conditions.
I have attended a number of calls from the local Fire Brigade after the product you have been selling has been incorrectly installed, causing a fire in the ceiling and consequent property damage, using a non-compliant fitting will often void your home insurance.
This could be because there are no installation instructions with the fittings you are distributing and when asking at the places that sells these fittings and lamps (retail DIY outlets) none could demonstrate any knowledge of how these fittings should be installed.
The fact that there are no installation instructions, scares me to be honest, these fittings put out a LOT of heat that has to be dissipated.
All I am trying to do is minimise the risk to the people that install these fittings from a safety perspective.
Could you please respond as I would like to know what you intend to do about this.

I'm still waiting........