Thanks for responses. NIKO and plans on moving to Hampton Roads VA, real good fishing here smile

To answer E57's question. I will probaly reside in Virginia when I do get out. But I have a lot more places to experience before I come to a final conclusion.

It is good to see how you guys that see people come and go in this career field look at experience. I am seeing that the online correspoindence courses are looked at below an in class or OJT experience. Does it really matter though for the basics and fundamentals in this job. I really want to make sure that the training I receive will count and looked favorably on. Would it be better to not take the classes and try to run along side a licensed contractor for a longer period on time?

My job in the military is a lot like skilled trade also. I work on jet engines at a Test Cell but we rank experience by skill level, (1,3,5,7,9) I personally love to get fresh people in right out of boot camp/tech school because I can train them fresh. Always harder to break bad habits out of workers that have learned the shortcuts prior to the right way to do tasks.

I guess I can put this out there also. I get FREE school right now,.(thanks uncle sam).

We have one Tech center that offers classes in class but they do not conform to my scheldule and hours I have been looing here. Anyone have experience with this class.

http://www.pennfoster.edu/electrician/index.html