Here is my situation. I am 25 years old and currently in the Air Force for the last 7 years. I have no desire to get out of the air force but want to learn this trade and eventually get a journeyman's license. I have self taught myself pretty well with electricity but have no formal or apprenticeship experience. Very eager to learn this trade and work along side a licensed electrician and go to classes. I also have 9000 dollars to spend on a one time certification course through GI and VA benifits through the military.

Question is:
What are the better online schools to learn this trade. I know an apprenticeship would be better but I can not commit to a full time job while I am in the military. I think a online course would be best for me for this reason. Is there one out there that stands out from the rest?

Also for you business owners would you ever consider a person in my situation as a helper/apprentice. I can only work about 3 days a week 7am till 12 and some weekends. I have a security clearance and am already taking random drug testings. I have my own transportation and tools also. I am not scared to work, and can dig trenchs and crawl through crawlspaces with the best of them. My only downside is I need to be able to almost pick my own hours and I would be picking your brains constantly.