Hello,

Here in oregon the electrical apprenticeship is going to open up again for applications so i will be applying on may 14th with IBEW local 48 in portland. I have already talked to some of the higher ups in the local about the application process, currently i am a carpenter doing drywall, metal stud framing ect., the guy i talked to the other day from the local told me that from my construction experience i have that should be a plus for me as far as working with tools and the ability to learn things, he said i sound like im a pretty good candidate> My main question is how hard is the math and reading test you take? I know it will have algebra, how in depth in algebra are we talking just like first year algebra questions? I had about 3 years of algebra years ago, i have a neighbor that is pretty good with algebra and is going to give me a refresher course to wake my brain up LOL, so what thins should i really be studying as far as the algebra goes? i'm not worried about the oral interview, i just want to do really well on the math part if i can do that i feel i will be in great shape as far as being placed high on the list hopefully. thanks for any help you guys can give me.