I am not aware of anything specific to ceiling fans. At the time smoke detectors were introduces, ceiling fans were nowhere near as popular as they are today .... and the idea of one in the bedroom was unheard of!

Fire testing did clearly demonstrate that most rooms have a "bubble" of stale air where the ceiling meets the wall; that is why we are cautioned not to place detectors within a foot of that juncture.

Would a ceiling fan have a similar effect? I can't say that I know ... but I would not be surprised to find such a 'bubble' very close to the center. Indeed, locating the detector near the mid-point of the blades might actually improve the response ... marginally.

A lot of effort is spent placing the detectors dead center in a ceiling. IMO, this is not justified by fire behavior. That smoke plume seems to spread almost instantly across the entire ceiling. Placing the detector a few feet off center, or even two feet from the wall, seems to have little effect in detector response.

What DOES make a BIG difference is the duct that brings in fresh air. A detector in that path will never detect a fire in the room.